Wednesday, January 8, 2014

You Can Take Your Bottles To College

We have been bottle-free for 3 days now.  Luke has transitioned surprisingly well with minimal whining at bedtime after the first night.  He doesn't seem to miss the bottle at all during the day.. to be honest, I think I'm having a harder time than he is with the transition.  Without his bottle he looks like a little kid!  I've been tempted to pass him a cold one (bottle, people) more than once, just to see him look like a baby again.  Why didn't I take a picture of him with his last "baba"??  I know...I'm crazy.

This was the last "baby" milestone for us to check off... we have potty-training and big boy beds on the horizon.  What is happening?!?

As I rocked him to sleep last night, his little body didn't feel so little.  I rubbed my cheek against his sweet hair...those baby wispy curls are so soft and fine.  It won't be long before that baby hair is little boy hair, sweaty and sticky from little boy running and jumping.

There have been other times in my life that I actively tried to soak up everything about the moment.  Before my Grandaddy died, there were times I stared at him trying to memorize every wrinkle and the sound of his laugh.  On my wedding day, I remember trying to capture the picture of Matt saying his vows to me.

I know it's cliche.. but moments like these are more valuable than anything money could buy.  I'm trying to commit every one of them to memory.  If all else fails, instagram. ;)

Also, I really miss the bottle...and my sweet squishy baby.  





P.S. Our technique for weaning Luke off the bottle went a little something like this:

He is a PK, after all. ;)

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh and cry, sweetheart. I love you all so deeply!!

    ReplyDelete