Tuesday, December 31, 2013

[Recipe] Pesto Flatbread Pizza

Any serious blogger posts recipes.  Duh. ;)

In the spirit of the New Year and  all promises to be a healthier, better you, here is one of my favorite meals to eat while I'm on a WW kick.  This recipe is so ridiculously easy and delicious that anyone would like it, regardless of their diet.

The best thing about this meal is that you get 2 flatbreads!  The hardest thing about Weight Watchers, for me, is the portion control.  With this recipe, you feel like you're eating 2 personal pizzas without all the calories and fat.

(7 ww+ pts/2 flatbreads)

Ingredients:
2 tortilla wraps 
1 tbsp pesto
1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
+ Your choice of veggies
[You could use lean ground turkey, tomatoes, peppers, pinepple, zucchini, parmesan, pepperoni- really anything your heart desires! Don't forget to calculate the additional points!]

Here's my setup!
OLE Extreme Wellness Tortilla Wraps in Spinach & Herb
I used 1 tbsp of pesto for 2 tortillas. Fattening stuff.

I could probably put spinach on anything and love it.
I browned the shrooms a little bit to lose the "dirt" taste. haha
I use Sargento Reduced Fat cheese- it's cheaper than the WW brand.
Pop 'em in the oven at 350° and cook until the edges are browned and the cheese is bubbly [pretty sure that's a technical cooking term].
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment