Monday, January 13, 2014

LIVE Later [my resolution]

I love blogs.  Little Baby Garvin, All About The Henderson's, , Love, TazaThe Pioneer WomanStilettos And Diapers, Mrs. Lusko , among others...  These women offer real looks into their lives and give me hope that I can still be me while also being mom.

One of my very favorite blogs, The Preacher's Wife, belongs to Holly Furtick, wife of Pastor Steven Furtick.  She challenges me on every level.  If you take the time to read her posts, you can't help but notice something:  She loves and supports and adores her husband.  She recognizes him as her pastor.
And this doesn't make her weak.
She is a strong, independent, anointed woman- and she supports her husband.  That's right...you can do and be both.

This is not a new concept for me, but it is something I have failed at over and over and over again.  We live in a culture that tells women it is weak to be submissive to men who will fail them anyway.  Watch some primetime television if you disagree.  
Oh wait, we do have 50 Shades Of Grey... submit yourself to the point of dehumanization and shame.
So those are our options?  No way.

I'm learning that as I give Matt the respect and support he needs according to Ephesians 5, it releases an atmosphere that cultivates my own creativity and calling.
 33 However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [[f]that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and [g]that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly]. -Ephesians 5, AMP
When we align ourselves with this Biblical principle (whether your husband is doing his part "loving you as he loves his very own self") we align ourselves with the promise, favor and blessing of God.  It's cause/effect.  Walk in the way of the Lord and you will experience His blessing.

ANYWAY.
Back to Holly Furtick.  Every week she posts a "Monday Morning Commentary" on the message her husband preached.  Not only is this enlightening to read, it's a way she supports and reveres her husband.  She's helping advance the Kingdom and supporting her husband all at once.  She's using her creative gifts and being a fan of her man.  I love it.

As part of my resolution to better respect and esteem my man, I'm going to the go the way of Holly Furtick with LIVE Later.  That's right.  My own commentary on Matt's message from our Sunday night service.  I know I'm biased, but I truly think Matt is a gifted communicator and I love sitting under his teaching.  However, in the past I've gotten distracted during his messages as I help in the sound booth or check in on Luke or be the "shh police" to our students.  No more!  You will find me front and center with my journal and iPhone ready to take notes and agree and clap.  Then, you'll find me here with a recap!



I encourage you to be more proactive in your church service!  Whether your husband is the preacher or not, your pastor deserves your full attention!  If you trust that he is God's man for the house, you have to trust that God is anointing him to deliver His Word.  So really, it's a matter of reverencing the Word of God by way of respecting the man delivering that Word.  You'll experience greater blessing for it, I know!

Stay tuned for the first LIVE Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment