Sunday, December 29, 2013

Our Halls Were Decked

Now that Christmas is officially over, I am ready to take on 2014!  Like most people, I have a long list of plans and promises that are sure to make '14 the best year yet.
 But first, here's a look our Christmas season. [disclaimer: I realize I share most of these pictures on Instagram, but this is my blog and I do what I want. ;)]

[please excuse "psycho happy killer addair"- focus on the cute smirky baby. ] To kick off our Christmas season, we went to see Elf at the Duke Energy Center.

It was better than I could have imagined.  And I have a great imagination.

Our church hosts an annual Holiday Gala.  This year I was able to host a table. (The table to the left is mine.)

Less than a week later we ended the year with our Momentum family by throwing an Elf themed Christmas party:



Everyone dressed as their favorite elf.  I was inspired by the rescue elves from the Santa Clause movie. (It had nothing to do with being totally unprepared.)

Syrup for your spaghetti.


 The very next week, Matt and I had tickets to We Will Rock You at the Duke Energy Center.. cause nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a musical set far in the future inspired by Queen.  It was one of the best shows I have ever seen.


In 23 years, I have never missed being with my family to pick out the Christmas tree.


Aunt Elizabeth giving Luke his first candy cane!

This year, we had our tree up before Thanksgiving.  Judge us.
Honestly, I knew we would be traveling alot, so in order to take full advantage of turning our house into a Winter Wonderland, we started early.
Doing my part while Matt adjusts the base.
We do a photo ornament for our yearly ornament.
Finished product.
Easiest Christmas treats ever.  Also, this was the year of Christmas Pinterest projects.

This is how we Christmas shop.

I LOVED our simple lights.
We were also able to be a part of Church Alive's Christmas production.  SO MUCH FUN.
Luke with Santa and Mrs. Clause

We were a family from the 40s  in a mall scene.  Luke made his stage debut!



Mary & Joseph
Forming traditions with Lukey..


He made his first Build-A-Bear after seeing Santa!
Lights on the Neuse

Right before we left for a week in Michigan, Luke was diagnosed with the flu.  The most pathetic thing ever.

The nurses made me wear a mask.

Poor babe.

The plane ride was interesting.


Uncle Hayden and Aunt Lindzi practicing.

Our travel buddy.
After traveling all day, our Christmas Eve was rushed.  But, we still managed to celebrate as a family a little bit.


Family gift opened on Christmas Eve.


Christmas jams and a movie!

First, we have to read about Jesus!

Cookies and milk for Santa!
This nativity was given to us by my sweet Grandmama. Love it.

Christmas morning!  Matt and I were up by 8am...Luke slept until 10am!  Such a stinker.

Santa came!

Santa came for Daddy too!

Sausage and cinnamon rolls and coffee while we try to keep ourselves from waking the sleeping child.

I may or may not have paper straws in every color for all seasons and occasions.

From: Pastor



Luke was pumped about his trains.

We ended Christmas Day at my parent's house where Luke got his train table.  This is basically what he did the entire time we were there.

McAndrew Christmas Card 2013
I really enjoyed making memories and continuing traditions with Luke this year.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways and ending the year with family and friends just felt right.  We squeezed every last bit of fun and joy out of the season and I am ready to ring in the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment