Monday, June 25, 2012

New News


So much for consistent, weekly blog posts!

I shouldn't be surprised at how life continues to surprise me. I guess the day I'm not surprised anymore is the day I should start making changes!

Some quick updates since I last posted:

Several weeks ago, we had my Great Grandmother's funeral.  She was my namesake and I have some precious memories growing up around her.  I'm blessed to have grown up with such a godly, loving family.  Her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and even unborn great great grandbaby were there to fellowship and celebrate the legacy she left.
I believe in the power of generational transfer, and I am honored to aspire to her legacy of kindness, gentleness, self-control, discipline and love.

Also, Matt's parents came into town last week and we have had a blast!  God really hooked me up with incredible in-laws.  
Friday we went to Folly Beach and had the perfect day soaking up the sun.  Papa T (T-Money) had one goal while in Charleston: to have shrimp and grits at the Hominy Grill. 

We are going to fiercely miss them when they head back to Michigan...

Some pics:

 
Hominy Grill: Success


Folly Pier
A truly great day with my favorite guy...

More news:

I've finally enrolled in college again!  I am so relieved to start this journey again.  I hesitated to start because the thought of having a baby and embracing many other changes while trying to balance school seemed too much!  But, I know I'm capable and it is now or never.  Needless to say, I am pumped!

Finally, some REALLY big news!  Matt and I have known that our season in Columbia would be ending... we just didn't know the details!  It has been an up-and-down journey as we have prayed through some frustration and impatience and waited for God to present us with an opportunity. Closed doors, confusion, blah blah blah...


We will give details later, but Matt has accepted a position as a youth pastor in NC and we will be moving the end of August!  God has downloaded so much vision into the both of us the past few months, we knew He would present an outlet for all that vision soon.  And here it is!

SO!  College.  Moving.  Baby!  Alot is happening and I am excited (and determined) to keep everyone updated through this blog.  

God really is faithful in His goodness.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome news Addair! I can't believe how much we have all grown...and now you're having a BABY! You and Matt are THE cutest, Congratulations!! (: as you are moving TO NC, I'm moving BACK to SC in the same month. I really hope that we will be able to catch up sometime like the old days. Miss you guys tons! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete