Saturday, July 14, 2012

23 Weeks

I thought I would start documenting my pregnancy.  I have really been a slacker at taking pictures or journaling about my experience, and I know I'm going to regret it!  No time like the present to begin!

A few weeks ago we had some early maternity pics taken by my wonderful sister.. here's a sneak peak!

20 wk ultrasound pic
Let me say, I have always been a little weirded about ultrasound pictures posted on social media for everyone to see.  But, I am not your typical mommy-to-be.  I feel like I've resisted being pregnant from the beginning, and it is futile. (ha!)  After taking some cute pictures and buying new clothes that FIT, I feel better about myself and more comfortable being open about my personal experience with pregnancy.  So here's a look at baby....in utero!

To be clear, I am extremely excited about our little one!  Matt and I, although we feel extremely unprepared, are stoked to be parents!  It is being pregnant that has caused me to shut down a little.  I wasn't expecting the sudden physical changes or the overwhelming attention!  But, now we're halfway there..and I want to embrace all that mommy-to-be-ness has to offer.  (Still, strangers touching my tummy is not acceptable.  It never will be. There are some things I just can't embrace. :) )

Here's the most exciting news...

McBaby is a Boy!
Is anyone surprised?  I didn't think so... 
We are beyond thrilled!


Here are some highlights:

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain: ALOT. I'm afraid to know a number.
Maternity clothes? I HATE maternity clothes.  But, I LOVE the Bella Band.  Because of it I'm still in my "fat" jeans. Also, I love sun dresses (in bigger sizes) and other normal shirts bought in larger-than-usual sizes.
Stretch marks? No, praise God.
Sleep: other than 5-6 bathroom trips a night, great!
Best moment this week: Matt finally got to feel some of the baby somersaults! The huge smile he got when he felt baby kick is now one of my favorite memories.
Miss Anything? My clothes! I DREAM about wearing my normal jeans and going shopping for a dress withOUT an empire waist.
Movement:
He moves a ton! Especially first thing in the morning and when I first lay down at night.
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary.. I love milk, but that is not unusual.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Grilled chicken is never going to appeal to me again. Gag.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: No and let's keep it that way.
Symptoms: weight gain and some nausea
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? On! But, I have experienced some swelling in my fingers (Carolina heat may have something to do with that.)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Camping with my family this week and a beach vacation next week!  Matt deserves a vacation and it will be our last one before baby is here!



No comments:

Post a Comment