Thursday, August 2, 2012

25 Weeks

Getting back into the swing of things after a week at the beach is always hard.  But, the countdown to Moving Day is officially on.  We make the treck in just over 2 weeks!  Matt and I are so excited for this new season.  I'm feeling very expectant (and not just 'cause I'm prego. haha) about what God has for us.  We're overflowing with ideas and vision! 

Living with my parents the past few weeks has been such an amazing blessing.  I'm very close with my family and having this intimate time with them before moving and baby arrives has been sweet.  They're so giving and self-less with all that God has blessed them with and Matt and I are truly thankful for them.
But...

I'm ready to unpack.  I'm tired of living out of a suitcase.  I'm ready to be settled.
Pregnant Girl needs to nest!

In other news: I decided on a major this week!  Until now I've been enrolled in Liberty's Interdisciplinary Studies program... which basically meant I had no stinking clue what I wanted to do.  After deciding to pursue my B.S. in Religion with a minor in Church Ministries, I realized I'm 40% done with my degree already!  What?! Still a long road to go, but I'm much farther along than I thought possible!  (To SCSL fam- almost all of my Valley Forge credits transferred with this degree.)

Also, I'm finally posting Baby Announcement Pics!
Here are my favorites:
Take note:  My husband. :)
This sums up how we've felt: "Is this happening?  Yep. Get ready."
Thanks to my awesome and beautiful little sis for making these pics happen!  We'll have maternity pics taken later..

And last but not least:  25 Week Update.
I'm super late getting this posted (I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow..).  Oops.


How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain: I am outgrowing my fat pants... If that gives you any idea.
Maternity clothes? If I could live in sweat pants I would.
Stretch marks? No, praise God.
Sleep: Sleep at the beach was..minimal.  Now that I'm home, sleep has never been better! (minus the 6-7 bathroom trips a night)
Best moment this week: Relaxing on the beach with my family... and then coming home. haha
Miss Anything? the tanning bed.  I know, I know.. I'm a bad person.
Movement:
Mostly in the early morning and right before I go to sleep.  If I haven't felt him move in a while I get panicky.  I guess maternal instincts really do kick in at some point. ;)
Food cravings: One day this week I really really wanted flaky buttermilk biscuits.  Craving?  Maybe.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been throw-up free for 2 weeks now!
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms:I've developed a really tender spot about an inch above my belly button... I'm told it's nothing to be worried about.. but noone warned me!  It hurts to move!
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? Officially off.  I'm terrified that if I leave them on I'll eventually have to get them cut off!  Matt and I have discussed ring tattoos so everyone can see I'm married. ;)
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy.. although I've definitely noticed some irritability.. not sure if that's hormones or because I'm so stinkin' uncomfortable.
Looking forward to: Christmas!  I think about it all the time.  Just check out my Pinterest...

6 comments:

  1. I saw you gagging last night and was so worried about you! Glad that stage has passed!
    Love you and cannot wait for Easton to have a baby boy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's where I got chalk on my self from bootcamo BC I was where did this chalk come from!! Congratulations by the way you still look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just used cheap-o chalk from Wal-Mart.. my sister had to do a little editing to make it show up a little more..

      Delete
  3. Haha! I love it, baby mama! The pics are cute too. :) yay for being puke-free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My belly was tender there too! Nothing to worry about. And also my rings didn't fit. bought a cheap silver ring with a CZ in it. I felt better:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you miss the tanning bed. You and I have always been kindred spirits in certain areas ;-) love and miss you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete