Tuesday, July 24, 2012

McBaby Gear I'm Likin'

As I'm approaching the 3rd trimester, the reality of having a little boy is slapping me in the face!  Time to buckle down and try to prepare!  I've spent some time researching baby gear and let me say... there is so much crap out there.  I don't even know where to begin.  So, normally I get overwhelmed and just go browse the cute knitted baby hats on Etsy.com. ha!  I have made some progress on what kind of stuff I do and don't want.

I've had to get started on a baby registry as some of the greatest friends and family in the world have offered to throw baby showers!  Mostly, Matt and I want diapers, diapers, and more diapers... But, here are some other items that I really like!  I hate pastels and other "baby-ish" patterns.  No giraffes or sheep or really patterns of any kind, much to Matt's dismay. (He likes color!) I go for clean lines, black, minimal.  Anyone who knows me will not be surprised...


1.  Graco Aprica Haven OpenAir Play Yard ($129):  I love this because it is the least ugly pack-n-play I've seen!  It's also light, practical and easy to set up.

2. Britax B-Agile Stroller ($209):  Love this because it's also light, practical, easy on (my) eyes and is safe for infants and toddlers.

3. Joovy Nook High Chair ($139):  High chairs are ugly.  All of them.  Except for this one!  It's also easy to clean, the tray swings open, and easily travels.

4. Jerry Garcia Onesie by TheWishingElephant on Etsy.com ($22):  I cannot tell you how much I love this.  I grew up listening to the Grateful Dead with my dad and immediately sent him a screenshot of this.  He's even offered to buy this for his first grandson!

5.Vest and Tie Onesie by MadiBethCreations on Etsy.com ($23):  So what if I have a hipster baby?

6. Baby Geekery/Nerd Onesie by TheWishingElephant on Etsy.com ($18):  O.M.G.  I know my kid will be the smartest kid alive and this outfit will be proof.  Also, I'm obsessed with quirky and unique onesies.  Sorry, baby.

7. Green Monster Newborn Hat by FashionTouch on Etsy.com ($30):  Newborn picture must have.  Matt is excited to refer to our child as his "little monster" for some reason..so, when I saw this I fell in love.

Don't worry, I know alot of baby gear can be bought at Once Upon A Child or off of Craigslist for a fraction of these prices.  I just wanted some direction as to exactly the kind of stroller/highchair/play yard I wanted... Rest assured, I will be scouring discount stores and websites for gently used versions of my favorite stuff!  (The Etsy onesies will be splurges.  I can't get around it.)

I'll be posting some of the stuff that has helped me survive pregnancy next!

No comments:

Post a Comment