Saturday, August 4, 2012

26 Weeks (and Pregnancy Must-Haves)

Pregnancy Must-Haves (for me)
Anyone who has spent for than 5 minutes around me knows how I have dealt with this pregnancy.  
Pregnancy is hard.  And I'm a wimp.
While the experience is fresh in my memory (as I'm still living through it) I thought I would share some of the stuff that has kept me sane...mostly.  This list is not intended to help others as most of the stuff is randomly important to me, but maybe something will aid you in your time of need!
(in no particular order)
 1. Pinterest- As we are in the process of relocating, this Mama is unable to nest.  Pinterest has allowed me to feel creative and accomplished without actually doing anything!  It also helps to get me excited about a new baby (knitted baby hats, anyone?).
2. A Very Sexy Man- My husband has been the most patient, helpful, encouraging, hard-working man during this relatively difficult season of transition.  Not only has he adjusted to the thought of being a new daddy, he's gotten a new job, packed us up and moved us twice, talked me through 2 blood drawings, and remained positive and loving throughout it all.
3. Cocoa Butter Creme- There are more expensive cremes that claim to keep stretchmarks away, but I believe stretchmarks have more to do with skin-type than creme-brand.  The most important thing is to keep your skin uber moisturized to retain elasticity.  I've used this stuff from the beginning and at almost 7 months, still no stretchmarks.  And...it's around $4.
4. SeaBand Anti-Nausea Ginger Gum ($5)- The first 5 months of my pregnancy were brutal.  To be honest, nothing helped my nausea (even prescription Phenergan).  But, this gum was a relief more than other cheap remedies I tried.  
5. Mott's for Tots Applejuice ($2.50)- During my most nauseous months, most drinks did not appeal to me.  This applejuice is very low in sugar and very easy on an upset stomach.  I loaded it with ice...mmm.
6. Liberty University- A month and a half ago I started taking classes again.  I can't tell you how much it did to boost my energy and self-esteem.  Having something to focus on and work toward while pregnant has been REALLY important for me.  I intend to continue with classes after McBaby is born and I'm sure I'll feel even more accomplished then!
7. Candy Corn (2/$1)- My favorite candy.  And it's corn.. so... healthy, right?
8. Moroccan Oil ($18)- This stuff has kept my hair feeling so healthy (I've heard pregnancy can do really good OR really bad things to your hair) and smelling SO good.  Not too many scents were appealing to me for awhile, but this stuff is heaven.
9. Bella Band ($12 @ Target)- Since I refuse to buy maternity pants of any kind, the bella band has allowed me to wear most of my regular jeans and pants so far.  I've heard it's also important to support your baby bump as it grows!
10. Blogger- As you would know from my first blog, I started this to help myself.  I needed to process and record my thoughts as my pregnancy progressed.  It has turned into an addiction!  I know I'll appreciate having this blog to look back on as life moves so quickly!
11. Old Navy Jersey Sundresses ($15)- South Carolina is HOT.  And 112 degree weather does not mix well with pregnant girls and alot of clothing.  Enter this dress.  I have 3.  They're comfy, cute, versatile, and perfect for growing bellies!  Non-maternity too!

There you have it!  Some of my very favorite things for this season!  And now... 

26 Week Update:

How far along? 26 Weeks
Total weight gain:This question is stupid.
Maternity clothes?Still prefer regular clothing in big sizes..
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: I'm waking up earlier and earlier!  Feeling very productive..let's hope this keeps happening.
Best moment this week: I had the best quality time with my mom and sister this week.  We made a day thrifting and searching for deals on stuff to use for pinterest projects!  Heaven.  We had a lake day with some great friends yesterday...And today we bought new couches!  Can't wait to get them out of storage and into our new living room!  2 Weeks!
Miss Anything? so much.  The tanning bed, sleeping on my back, painting my toenails..
Movement:
He is rolling around a ton!  Late at night it gets pretty uncomfortable as he shifts around.
Food cravings:no real "cravings".. loving some candy corn these days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: no!  knock on wood.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: None yet.. I keep waiting for Braxton Hicks.  I'm morbidly curious but terrified at the same time!
Symptoms:Still dealing with the tender spot above my belly button.  And I can't walk up stairs or get out of the car without sounding like an 80 yr old smoker.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off?Off.  Still debating the ring tat.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  It has been a really great week...and we're getting closer and closer to our big move!
Looking forward to: Getting settled into our new home.  I go to sleep and wake up thinking about furniture placement, paint colors, meal plans, and creating a cleaning schedule. Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment