Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Choosing Purpose

The last few months have been... unusual.  And hard.  And unexpected.
So many unexpected changes among the normal changing of the tides.
And I have not fared well.

After feeling sorry for myself and allowing life to happen around me for longer than I care to admit, I'm bored.  One thing I know from my short 22 years is that life lived intentionally is rewarding and satisfying and more apt to be inspired.

I've seen how the pursuit of good and eternal things and time spent with the Lord has a way of energizing and motivating.  You go from ordinary to extraordinary, natural to supernatural, from death to life.  You find yourself hiking through jungles (like when I interned with these inspired people.), standing on a red box in the middle of Madrid (like when my sister worked with these extraordinary individuals), or going to a school that requires much sacrifice in order to gain more (like at this school).

It's good to be reminded of what happens when you force the current of your life to re-direct.

Although nothing is as I expected it to be, it is a certainty that life is good and I have purpose.  Things will continue to change (going back to school, having a baby, moving, etc.) and it is past time for me to embrace the changes and get excited for possibilities!

For me, this blog is way to record the happenings of my life (small and large, good and bad) so I can be reminded..

1 comment:

  1. Incredible, Addair! God has gifted you with the ability to express yourself through writing and to draw others into your world. Blogging is just another one of God's tools that allows His babies to share heart with the world. Keep sharing, my sweet princess! I love you I+I!!!! ---Your Mama

    ReplyDelete