Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

It has been a full month since I last posted!  A lot happens in a month so this post will be a quick recap:

First: The Move!  We are officially living in North Carolina.  We've adjusted pretty quickly with the help of so many amazing people.  We love the area, the people and our church!  Our new apartment feels like home...the awesome pool, hot tub, and free starbucks helps with that. :)  We unpacked at lightening speed!  I was so ready to be settled.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the new place as soon as I remember to take them.

Second:  Ministry!  Being in ministry together was a huge reason for Matt and I wanting to be married. This new season is so exciting for us...after a season of "meantime" we are living our dream!  I will say I have never been more aware of how valuable our "meantime" waiting season was.  We learned so much from our time in Columbia and as hard and frustrating as it was at times, I absolutely do not regret a second.
We are now the youth pastors at Church Alive in Fuquay Varina, NC!  Being a part of Momentum Youth has been a great experience so far!  I have loved loved loved being able to get to know the girls! It is so cool how God just sets you up with friends and co-laborers that have passions and vision that complement the passion and vision He's put in you!  We're having our first girls' event in a few weeks and I am really excited!


Most of all, it has been the BEST seeing Matt operate in his element!  I love hearing him preach.  I love seeing him interact with students.  I love his creativity and work ethic... I'm so blessed by him.

This is our first sermon series! Man In The Mirror
Our very first 5th Quarter Bonfire!  Huge success!
One of Matt's points that was a real crowd-pleaser. "Pharaoh is an idiot."
It has been a really fun few weeks.  We're bursting with ideas and the students are so hungry for relationship, accountability and the Word... I'm just a little bit excited. :)

Third: Our very 1st Anniversary!  We have really come full circle in a year!
We celebrated our anniversary by having our first official night with Momentum Youth on September 5.  It was a cool moment for me, reflecting on the ups and downs of our first year of marriage and seeing my amazing husband preach his guts out...doing exactly what he was created to do.  Like I said...full circle.  God is so faithful.  Seriously, go read my first couple of blogs.  He is so so so so faithful!



Eating our cake topper to insure many blissful years of McAndrew-dom. 

 We got to celebrate our anniversary the next day.  And it was awesome. :)  Matt took me to the Renaissance Hotel in Raleigh and we had an amazing dinner and some quality hot tub time!  Just what we needed after a crazy few weeks of moving, unpacking, and getting adjusted a fast-paced schedule.  Also, there's an underground Super Target right beside this hotel.  Ummm.. I was home.


My incredible, anointed, hot husband.
Finally: Baby!  We've still got about 7 weeks to go and I am so ready!  We are not ready, though. haha!  No crib.  No stroller.  No diapers.  No bottles.  Nothing.  It is next on our to-do list!  As we get closer to the big day time moves more and more slowly.  I can't say it enough: I want my body back.  I want to take full, deep breath.  I want to lay on my back.  Most of all, I want meet our baby!

I'm going to leave you with a few of our wedding pictures in honor of our 1st year.  Also, I just really love our pictures. Thanks Carrie Ann!


Our first communion together. 




The changes aren't stopping here!  We've got crazy adjustments coming up pretty soon and I truly believe Matt and I are ready.  This year has been crazy but if you're not changing you're not growing!  We have definitely grown.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment